Friday, September 7, 2012

A Day in Town

{Antibes port}
    With camera in hand, I decided to walk through Antibes this morning while Shaun was at practice. I wanted to check out the market (Marche Provencal) that I've heard so much about and just wander the streets with no plan in mind. No shopping, no eating, just walking and taking in the sights. Ok, I did stop for coffee (it was 9am after all) and nearly bought some shoes but I didn't, very proud moment indeed. (I did mark the spot on my map so I can go back to pick them up though). Sadly, I was underwhelmed by the market. I don't know if it was an off day or my expectations were a little too high but I plan on giving it another chance to impress in the near future. It was smaller than I expected but the positive was that it gave me more time to explore other things. But wait, I almost forgot, I could of heard the best conversation of all time by a Frenchman trying to impart his wisdom on a British couple seated near me at a cafe. The man leaned over and asked the couple if they noticed that they were bouncing their legs (jittering) and sending off vibes of stress while sitting and enjoying coffee. To which the British couple said, " yes, we know. We have A.D.D. so we are hyper-active." Then, here comes the best part, the Frenchman said, "well, for me if I concentrate and breath and think really hard, I can make myself stop doing things like that." Forehead smack....why hadn't I thought of that before? And more importantly, why hadn't doctors thought of that? Imagine all the money people could save on therapy. I didn't know what was more impressive, the audacity of the Frenchman to suggest that, or the British couple indulging him and continuing the conversation after such a statement. I was thrilled because it gave me a little entertainment while finishing up my coffee. I don't know, I may just have to make that cafe a regular stop. After all, it is only just a block down from the shoe store I need to go back to...

{Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-la-Platea d'Antibes}
{The view from the side of the Cathedral}


{A few of the many yachts anchored in Antibes} 



{Marche provencal}
{Guess if you are going to have bars on your windows, might as well make them cute}






No comments:

Post a Comment