Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer...and a birthday

{Kramer wishing me a Happy Birthday}
     This post was supposed to go out yesterday but since our internet decided to stop working, I had to post-pone it until today. Somehow I managed to go to bed Tuesday night at age 33 and wake up Wednesday morning, a 34 year old. Yep, yesterday was my birthday. I'm not one to get all googly eyed for birthdays or do the opposite and dread them, I am somewhere in the middle. To me, June 20th is just another day and a number is just a number. Usually right after my birthday (literally since yesterday was the official start of summer) the summer really gets going and as a result, flies by. Before we know it, it will be early August and we will be saying our annual goodbyes and heading back overseas. But I digress... yesterday was pretty great, I was sung Happy Birthday to by my mother, Shaun's parents, and some friends visiting, ate a slice of vanilla sheet cake with butter cream icing that very much tasted like a Twinkie, and was greeted in the AM by a wiggly Kramer (a golden we are watching for friends for the next few weeks..whom they will most likely have a very hard time getting back once they are home). It was a good birthday indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!
    Glad you had a good one, lucky you having friends and family around you to celebrate with!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. joyeux anniversaire à toi nikki avec du retard bises marie

    ReplyDelete