Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hotlanta

    
     I guess they aren't joking when they refer to Atlanta as 'Hotlanta'. And as of right now, it is living up to it's nickname beautifully. Today was a scorcher and it looks like it is only going to get worse before it gets better. The temperature on the car hit 107 for a bit before settling around 102 in the afternoon. But the thing that is most crazy for me is that I played in this heat when I moved here. I can't even remember how it felt but I'm sure it was miserable...ahhh the things we can do when we are young ...and stupid.  I actually circled the grocery store parking lot today 3x just so I could buy time in hoping that the people in the front spaces would walk out because parking far away was out of the question. And even though it may be frowned upon (at least by some), the thought of just wearing a bathing suit to run errands all day has lingered in my head. So if you read about some girl going nuts in her skivvies at the store, it may or may not be me. But wait, who am I kidding? You wouldn't read that, I live in Atlanta and even that wouldn't make a blip in the news.

1 comment:

  1. it's crazy, isn't it?? I'll be all up in the pool or staying inside with AC

    ReplyDelete